AIR BRAKE REFRESHER ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This program teaches the Airbrake concepts detail. The program comes in 3 sections: Sections 1 & 2 represents the full Alberta Curriculum and Section 3 is a set of interactive activities to enhance the learner experience. Students are allowed to move back and forth through all the material at will, allowing easy access for individual review topics. The user creates their own experience.
This program can be employed in a number of ways:
- As a preview before taking your Air Brake Program.
- As preparation for your Air Brake written test (Provinces such as Alberta require the test taken and an Alberta Registry after an actual air brake program).
- As a great review for anyone or any company with employees who require or would like an air brake refresher.
AIR BRAKE REFRESHER ONLINE COURSE TOPICS: AIR BRAKE CURRICULUM PART 1
In this online Air Brake Refresher, the following topics are covered:
- Program Outline
- Air Brake Pretrip
- Reservoirs Full
- Reservoirs Empty
- Airbrake System Overview
- Supply System
- Service System
- Park Brakes
- Tractor / Trailer
- System Failures
AIR BRAKE REFRESHER ONLINE COURSE TOPICS: AIR BRAKE CURRICULUM PART 2
- Foundation Brakes and Adjustment
- Air Operated Disc Brakes
- Driving Tips
- Icy Roads
- On Highways
- Pre-hill Inspections
- In Town
- Runaway Lanes
- Anti-Lock Braking Systems
- Automatic Traction Control
AIR BRAKE REFRESHER ONLINE COURSE TOPICS: ACTIVITIES
- General Introduction
- Pretrip Activity
- Supply System Activity
- Service System Activity
- Park Brake Activity
- Tractor / Trailer Activity
- System Failure Activity
- Foundation Brake Activity
AIR BRAKE REFRESHER ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 90 minutes
AIR BRAKE REFRESHER PASS MARK:
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
AIR BRAKE REFRESHER CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.