This online program entitled Aerial Platform – Boom & Scissor course aims to reduce the risks related to straight telescoping boom, articulating boom, and scissor lift type mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPs) by teaching you the fundamentals of safe operating procedures.
This course was developed to comply with the requirements for theory training as outlined in:
- CSA standard B354.8 (May 2017)
- ANSI standards A92.5 and A92.6 (Additional consideration provided for the draft ANSI standard 92.24)
- OSHA 1926.453
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessments.
- Responsibilities as an aerial platform operator
- Manuals and signal words
- Walk around inspections and function tests
- Operational hazards
- Required PPE
- Types of aerial platforms and their components
- Factors that impact machine stability
- Aerial platform attachments and modifications
- Safe start-up, operation, shutdown, and fueling procedures
- Scissor lift components
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 105 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. Please note that, in most jurisdictions, additional practical evaluation on equipment may be required to ensure regulatory compliance.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.