Not everything we have to work on is within reach. There are times we need a little help. Sometimes ladders are chosen, other times fixed scaffolds, and still other times mobile equipment like aerial lifts (also referred to as an articulating boom/bucket lifts) and scissor lifts. Working safely with this last category will be the focus of this course. Ideal learners include employees who work on or around aerial lifts and scissor lifts.
This online Aerial and Scissor Lifts course covers the following topics:
- Mobile Equipment Basics
- Accident Causes and Precautions
- Before You Get in the Equipment
- At the Worksite
- On the Platform or Bucket
- Catapulting and Tip-Overs
- Stepping Off or Knocking Off
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify different types of mobile equipment to use when your work is out of reach
- Explain the importance of lift and site inspection before use
- Recognize causes of falls from mobile equipment
- Describe precautions to help prevent falls, tip-over and catapulting
- Identify hazards such as contact with power lines or other moving equipment
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 30 minutes
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark. Printable resources are available in the form of a comprehensive student manual. The manual is a valuable resource for future use and knowledge retention.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.