The objective of this lesson is to introduce employees to the federal laws covering absences from the workplace. Typical reasons are for jury duty leave, military leave, and family and medical leave.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a good understanding of:
- Employee rights to request both jury duty leave as well as pay for jury duty leave.
- The differences between witness leave and jury duty leave.
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act employee benefits,
- The employer requirements, rights, responsibilities, and general exceptions regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act employee benefits.
- Introduction to absences from the workplace
- Family and Medical Leave requirements
- Military Leave and Jury Duty Leave
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
About 20 minutes
. A mark of 80% must be achieved to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice to pass. To reinforce learning, testing is done throughout the course.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
A certificate of completion will be available for download and printing once passed.