Energy Safety Canada certified Fall Protection. 3 year certificate. Up to 8 hour program. 70% pass on exam
$185.00 plus $9.25 = $194.25 Visa, mastercard or etransfer
Register in advance at 403 2141558 as class schedules and availability vary.
Falls from height are among the most common cause of serious work-related injuries and deaths in the workplace. This comprehensive fall protection training was developed to meet the highest standards for training in most Canadian jurisdictions using Canadian Standards Associations (CSA) Z259.
Designed to educate the worker in the planning, use, care and implementation of common fall protection systems, it includes both theory and practical application exercises in the classroom. Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting and connecting fall protection systems and components.
If you plan to work in Newfoundland and Labrador or Ontario, check with your employer for certification eligibility to ensure it meets local jurisdictional needs as outlined below:
- Newfoundland and Labrador: These specific workers are required to complete a minimum 2-day workplace NL training course.
- Ontario: The ESC course may not be valid for workers who work on “construction projects”. These workers will need to take an Ontario Working at Height (WAH) training course, which is mandated by the Ontario Ministry of Labour.
Upon successful completion of this course and passing an examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years. It is certified through Energy Safety Canada.
- Why fall protection is so important
- Legislative roles and responsibilities of the employer
- Identifying and assessing fall hazards, hierarchy of controls, and development of fall protection and safe work procedures on worksites
- The types of fall arrest systems, equipment and components
- The use, care, storage, maintenance and inspection of fall protection equipment, systems and components
- Fall protection system forces and clearances to calculate
- Effects of falls on your body and fall rescue planning
Class Maximum: 20
Instructional Hours: Up to 8 hours
Certificate Expiry: 3 years
Passing Grade: 70%
Exam Type: Closed book exam. English literacy is required.
Mandatory Practical Course Requirements:
- Students must demonstrate procedures for the pre-use inspection, donning and doffing of a full body harness, including partner check
- Students must perform a clearance calculation.
Bring government issued picture i.d. English literacy is required to successfully complete closed book exam.