CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recorded that approximately 295,000 workers are exposed to crystalline silica. This is alarming as its a common mineral whose dust can lead to serious medical issues . Therefore, it is essential to limit its exposure to workers.
This Crystalline Silica for General Industry online course is designed to educate workers on how to protect themselves. Specifically, it covers 29 CFR 1910.1053, OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Rule for General Industry in order to understand the legal requirements and protect workers from this hazardous material .
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Recognize tasks at work that could result in exposure .
- Identify health and safetyhazards caused by exposure to crystalline silica dust.
- Communicating crystalline silica hazards: The use of labels, (SDS) safety data sheets and signage.
- Apply exposure control measures for protection
- OSHA’s required medical surveillance program under legislation.
Crystalline Silica for General Industry Online covers the following key topics:
- Introduction to Crystalline Silica Hazards
- What is Crystalline Silica and its locations?
- Occupational Exposure Limits
- Health and Safety Hazards
- Hazard Communication by the workers
- Exposure Control System
- (PEL) Permissible Exposure Limit
- Exposure Assessment of the student
- Regulated Areas that apply
- Methods of Compliance and Deterrance
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Housekeeping to undertake
- Written Exposure Control Plan to monitor the program
- Medical Surveillance
- What is the Purpose of the Medical Surveillance?
- Examinations of the workers
- Medical Report undertaken
- Medical Opinion by Industry professionals
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY ONLINE COURSE TIMELINE:
Approximately half an hour
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY EXAM:
We testing throughout the program of this online Crystalline Silica for General Industry course. This is designed to reinforce the information . Achieve a mark of 80% to receive a certificate of completion. You are able to repeat the course twice to achieve a pass.
UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE USING MOST INTERNET CAPABLE DEVICES WITH STANDARD WEB BROWSING CAPABILITIES
Playback of this program includes the use of Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets. Android and Windows operating systems can be used.
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Once you successfully complete this Crystalline Silica for General Industry online course, a certificate of completion will be available. You are able to download and print the certificate.
Leave a Reply