The Canada Hours of Service Training curriculum will help drivers and carriers to be compliant while maximizing the available hours through a full understanding of how the limits affect safety and productivity. Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs can present a challenge when learning how to use them.
The technical standards are some of the most complicated of all the regulations. However for drivers, creating a duty status is now easier and more accurate when using an ELD. The end result will be that much of the recording is done automatically compared to manual formats.
Canada Hours of Service Training: ELD Basics is designed to help drivers use ELDs in a compliant manner. a)They need to correctly use the special driving categories of personal use and yard moves. Understand the drivers role in reducing unassigned driving events. b)Learn when to edit the record. c) Underscore the importance of reviewing the record before submission.
Intended Audience: CMV Drivers Operating in Canadian territory
Reg Covered: SOR/2005-313
The eLearning course covers :
- ELD Use
- Who’s Affected by the ELD?
- Approved Devices in Canada
- Driver ELD Expectations
- In-Cab Requirements for the ELD
- The User Accounts
- Instructions when one is logging into the ELD
- Duty Changes and Driver Entries to the records
- Creation of the Record
- Editing the records
- Record Retention and how long
- Roadside Inspections and what they are looking for
- Notification to your carrier when a ELD Malfunctions
- After completion of this online training course, learners will be able to:
- Know when you are required to use an ELD
- Identify the items required to be in the cab while the driver is recording hours with an ELD
- Know about reducing unassigned drive time
- The process to follow when there is a malfunction of the ELD
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
About 25 minutes
Pass mark 80% to achieve certification
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
A Certificate of completion will be downloaded and printable.
Leave a Reply